A lot has changed since we started out in 1983, but our mission has stayed simple – to make mattresses that help people sleep better, using the best materials. With our new generation of Natural Sleep organic mattresses, we’ve channelled almost 40 years’ experience into making natural fibre mattresses that we passionately believe are better for you, and better for the planet. We’re focused on comfort, wellness and a good night’s sleep while we remain as committed as ever to quality, craftmanship, and our customers.
- We are committed to making mattresses that use the most natural materials possible, while minimising our impact on the environment.
- By using only natural fibres, we are using the least harmful method of production to protect the planet as much as possible. Natural fibres are bio-degradable, so in many years to come our products will eventually breakdown rather than sitting in landfill.
- Natural Sleep mattresses are non-toxic, chemical free and naturally fire-retardant.
- We use pure organic lambswool, sourced from Europe and certified to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) in our range. Lambswool is an eco friendly fibre, inherently sustainable as it's 100% renewable and biodegradable. It's also durable, moisture-wicking and naturally fire-retardant. It reacts to the body's temperature so it is cooling in summer and warming in winter.
Our high performing organic cotton is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, guaranteeing it is entirely free of harmful chemicals that could potentially be harmful to humans or our larger ecosystems. It is ultra soft to the touch.
- We use natural pulse latex in our Natural Sleep mattresses. The strongest and most sustainable of all latex options, it is both naturally anti-bacterial and naturally resistant to dust mites. We exclusively use OEKO-TEX certified pulse latex for softness, breathability and comfort and are committed to sourcing exclusively from closely monitored plantations. Latex is a natural material that is harvested from the milk sap of rubber trees, over the whole lifetime of the tree. Providing durability, superior cooling, and excellent pressure relief it is considered to be more sustainable than alternatives such as memory foam and is biodegradable.
- All our mattresses are hand crafted in Ireland at our own family run factory in Ballylanders, Co. Limerick, so you can sleep soundly in the knowledge that you are buying local, supporting Irish jobs and reducing your carbon footprint.
- We source all of the materials and components for our mattresses in Europe, ensuring the highest quality materials, good working conditions, and a reduced carbon footprint as they are delivered by road.
- Our ready to roll cardboard packaging is fully recyclable. For hygiene purposes, our mattresses come rolled in plastic which is also recyclable. We don't use styrofoam or any other non-recyclable packaging to transport our Natural Sleep mattresses to you.